Have you been on the search for the perfect location to complete a period of volunteering abroad, but feel swamped by the number of tantalizing options you can find online? Well, Nepal could offer you everything you want from an adventure and much more. This beautiful country has friendly people to meet, gorgeous food to taste and exceptional scenery to completely lose yourself in. This may soon become a place in the world that you never want to leave! Below is a list of 13 reasons it’s time for you to start organizing your volunteering trip in Nepal. Good luck in your search, and if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We’d love to help you make the right travelling decision for you!
- You can travel and volunteer in Nepal for just 3 weeks! If you’re worried about taking time off work if you’re comfortable in your job, the beauty of our volunteering opportunities is that you can go for just 3 weeks. This can help if you can’t take long periods of time off work without causing problems. In this amount of time, you’ll still be able to make a difference in the area you volunteer in and leave feeling proud of the things you’ll have achieved. Sometimes, the idea of completing a volunteering project abroad can seem daunting to many people, because they think this means leaving the country for 6 months. This does not have to be the case, so browse our site to find something perfect for you. Or, you can add this 3-week project onto the end of an existing travelling period you have planned. Get in touch to discuss all the options further!
- To take in the stunning scenery Nepal has a number of gorgeous bright blue lakes and enormous sky-high mountains to explore and create a collection of photographs to bring home and share with your family and friends. The many lakes in Nepal are not just regarded for their outstanding beauty, but people also recognise them for their spiritual importance. There are over 200 lakes in Nepal, so you should be able to squeeze in a few viewings before you return home! But lakes are not the only scenery you’ll find in Nepal, there are also stunning expanses of dense forest where many creatures make their sanctuary. Home to Mount Everest and the birth place of Buddha, you’ll be thankful to have given yourself the chance to tick this one off the travel-goals list. This will be a lifetime experience, and you’ll be describing the Himalayas to friends and family weeks after returning.
- To boost your CV ready for your medical career If you’re studying medicine and want to complete a project that will help with your career, you should take a look at some of our medical volunteering opportunities in Nepal. In underdeveloped areas of Nepal, your work can help to truly make a difference, while giving you the chance to see an amazing part of the world. Bringing the skills you have to Nepal could be one of the most powerful decisions you ever make. Every single year, people in poorer countries end up in desperate situations all because there is not enough available basic healthcare. Help to change this by taking part in a medical placement in Nepal. Browse through our options, and please let us know if you have any further questions about this particular opportunity.
- This is the perfect place for your next adventure Nepal is the place to visit if you’re searching for adventure in your special break. You can take part in exciting activities including trekking, mountaineering, rafting, wildlife safaris, hot air balloon rides, paragliding, bungee jumps and so many more. So, if you’re thinking of completing a volunteering project with us, make sure to do some further research so you can make some time to fit these activities in at the end, or the beginning if you prefer! Similarly, we can help explain some of the options for you if you’re interested, so please let us know if you’d like to hear more!
- To meet some of the friendliest people in the world Nepali people are warm, welcoming and friendly so they will definitely be a highlight of your trip if you choose to come to Nepal for your volunteering project! They are hugely proud of their culture, traditions, religion and music so you’ll find lots to learn about and discover while you’re there. They also will offer a high level of respect to those who visit their country, and one phrase is championed here; “Guests equals God”. Offering all you have to a guest is common practice in Nepal, and this kindness showed to visitors is part of the reason that so many people come back for a second, third or fourth time! They are an inspiring nation of people, and spending time with such warm people can be very humbling.
- For the world class trekking experiences in Nepal If you’re interested in trekking, Nepal is one of the best places in the world to go to do this. It could be a hobby of yours that you’d like to do somewhere new, a life goal you’ve always had in the back of your mind, or even something you’d never truly considered before. Whatever your relationship with it, Nepal is the place to go. While planning your volunteering trip, make sure to let us know if there’s any of these kinds of experiences that we can help you to arrange. We encourage our volunteers to get stuck in with all that each country has to offer, and Nepal is not short of different options. If this is something that’s tempting you, have a look at some of our options in Nepal and let your mind start making its own plans!
- Many different cultures to learn about within the country There are 35 different ethnic groups living in Nepal, meaning there are multiple languages spoken, religions practiced, and foods eaten! This is a fantastic country to immerse yourself in, where there is so much to learn and do. When you come to Nepal, spending time talking to the local people can teach you so much and it’s worth taking an interest in what’s going on around you. Spirituality is very important to Nepali people, and their daily lives are filled with rituals and prayers, however they’re also very tolerant and accepting of all religions so there is almost no religious tensions in the country.
- To get back to nature on your trip! Here you will find almost 10% of the world’s total bird population, yikes! If you’re an animal lover, this is an amazing country to spend time in. This country has incredible extremes as it’s home to the world’s highest mountains along with historic cities and extended forest plains and dense jungles where you can find animals such as Asian elephants, rhinos, Bengal tigers, leopards, wild boars, antelope and spotted deer. Just to name a few! If nature is close to your heart, Nepal is a fantastic place to plan your volunteering trip in. In our projects, you get plenty of free time in the evenings and weekends. This means you can get out there and plan additional activities which can involve some of the beautiful natural elements of Nepal!
- To add a life changing experience to your gap year Perhaps you’ve already put lots of time and effort into planning your gap year, and maybe you know exactly what you want to see and do already; but if you haven’t researched Nepal yet, make sure to add it to your list! You’ll find information that may surprise you, and this is definitely a country to add to your bucket list to visit! Have a look on our website to find out how to plan your gap year through us. Our community projects do not require you to have any specific qualifications, and when you’re not volunteering you will be taking part in loads of exciting activities such as hiking, city tours, visiting national parks, canoe rides, jeep safaris and so much more. You’ll also be given free time in the evenings and at weekends so you can organise your own activities with friends you meet along the journey. Sound like fun to you?
- To improve your CV and add new skills However much work experience you’ve completed in the past, sometimes it’s easy to look at your CV and not feel satisfied with what you’ve done so far. If your CV is looking a bit plain, completing a volunteering project in Nepal could be just what you need to brighten it up a bit and attract potential employers. You’ll learn so much during your time in Nepal, including many skills that can be applied to your career of choice upon completion. Teaching English for example can help you develop skills that can be applied to other job roles, such as leadership and organisation. Whether you want to teach complete a medical volunteering project or work within the communities, you’ll find an exciting programme to sign up for!
- The value for money you will find in Nepal You may be surprised at how affordable Nepal is. Especially if you compare the hiking opportunities to those like Kilimanjaro or the Inca Trail in Peru. In terms of food, you can live for about $10 per day and clean decent hotel rooms can be found for about $20 per day. If you’re looking to do a project that won’t cost you the world, Nepal could be the country. Many people would argue that Nepal has some of the lowest travelling costs in the world, even if you’re packing your trip with fun activities. If you’re visiting restaurants during your stay, you’ll also be pleased to hear the cheap costs continues to apply to them too!
- For it’s serenity and peacefulness Nepal is an undoubtedly serene country, with so much to offer. It’s been considered a sacred place in the past my many travellers and it’s believed that many areas will have a positive impact on those who visit there. Whether you believe this or not, it’s hard to argue with the gorgeous scenery and calm environment you will find here. Nepal is the perfect place to escape the stress of your daily life.
- You will truly feel like you’re on top of the world 7 of the world’s highest mountain peaks are location in Nepal. All of the peaks reach over 20,000 ft, so you will certainly get the feeling of being on top of the world. When you first think of mountains in Nepal, many people will immediately think of Mount Everest, the world’s highest peak standing at 29,029 ft above sea level. However, there are many more to find for yourself, some more secluded than others. Even if you decide not to climb these mountains, you’ll be able to take in the stunning scenery anyway, making Nepal stand out in your memory.
In conclusion, there are so many great reasons to plan your visit Nepal as soon as possible! The people are ready to welcome you into their culture, nature is abundant and there are a number of projects to look into and sign up for. Whatever your reasons for volunteering, or areas of interest you wish to address! You’ll be able to find a volunteering opportunity to suit all your specific needs, whether you want to add something valuable to your CV or simply do a trip that will make you feel good about yourself. The people are known to be some of the friendliest communities in the world, and they’ll be ready to greet you with kind arms. So, what are you waiting for? Get browsing our website now, and please don’t forget to send us any questions you may have!
Share this Post