7 Reasons for Volunteering in your 2017 Spring/Summer Break
There are so many reasons that you should sign up to complete volunteering in your 2017 Spring/Summer Break, and if you’ve been wanting to for a while but felt like you just needed a little bit of persuading; this is the perfect list for you.
Some people sign up to volunteer abroad to make memories with their existing friends, while some people do it to make some entirely new friends! Or perhaps there is a specific cause you care about that you’ve been eager to make a difference with, and this could be the perfect way for you to do it. One thing that holds many people back is the thought of having to be away from home for an extended period of time, but the beauty of our projects is you can volunteer in your Spring/Summer break for shorter times as well, for example just two weeks. Another thing that can put some people off is the amount of choice available online, as it can feel overwhelming. This post should help to outline some of the options available to you, to make the decision a little bit easier.
Whatever your reason for wanting to sign up to one of our exclusive projects, we are ready to offer you the advice and knowledge you need to make the commitment. We’ve put together this neat list of 7 Reasons for Volunteering in your 2017 Spring/Summer Break to give you that little bit of motivation and inspiration that you need to get up and go. Good luck with planning the trip of your life…
- To add something amazing to your CV One amazing reason for volunteering in your 2017 Spring/Summer break is to add something impressive to your CV. Employers are always looking for something new and interesting to show character, and completing one of our internships could be just what you need to stand out in a crowd of other applicants. Interning abroad is a fantastic way to improve your skills ready for the world of work, whatever career you aspire to go into. Our volunteering projects offer so much more than just something to add to your CV. You’ll leave with experience of living in another country, meeting new people from underprivileged backgrounds, and helping to build communities while you work. We focus on training you to help you grow your confidence and give you a chance to feel like you’ve improved others lives with your work. When you’re not working, you’ll be given the opportunity to explore the beautiful country you’ve come to volunteer in, meaning you’ll leave with a greater understanding of the culture and amazing people who make up that place. Whether you want to complete an internship in India, Thailand, South Africa or Sri Lanka, you’ll find something exciting on our website. The options include marine conservation, sports coaching, teaching abroad, women’s empowerment and many more!
- To visit a country that you’ve always wanted to visit! If you’re searching for a reason to make your 2017 Spring/Summer break the time you complete a volunteering project, how about to see a country you’ve never had a chance to visit before? Everyone has an idea of the amazing places they have to visit before they die, and volunteering abroad is the most amazing way to work your way through your own travel bucket list. We offer volunteering projects in India, Thailand, South Africa, Cambodia, Bali, Sri Lanka and Nepal, so you’ll be able to find something to specifically suit your needs. If there are a few countries on your list, why not make it a multi-country trip?! There are amazing deals on our website that allow you to tick multiple countries off your bucket lists. You can combine North and South India, India and Thailand, India and Nepal, India and Sri Lanka, Thailand and Bali, Thailand and Nepal, and combinations of three countries too! Have a look on our website to find a perfect trip, tailored specifically to your travelling goals. Why not get a group of friends together, and plan your trip together? Or book the trip alone! Our projects are perfectly suited for singular travelers, because we organize it so it’s very easy to make new friends with likeminded individuals.
- To do something completely different during your 2017 Spring/Summer break! For the chance to do something completely out of the ordinary during your 2017 Spring/Summer break, signing up to complete a volunteering project abroad could be the perfect option for you. Doing one of these projects at this time of year is ideal, because you have enough time to fit in enough planning between now and then but you also won’t have to wait too long! Work with the conservation team to save sea turtles in Sri Lanka, get up close and personal with gorgeous elephants in Thailand, help to teach sports coaching in Sri Lanka or even brush up on your yoga skills and help with teaching within the local community in India. Whatever your interests, you can find something that will give you memories to save forever, and if you like the sound of that, why not gather some of your best friends together and book an amazing trip to do together? It could be the best thing you ever sign up to do!
- To spend more time with the family over your 2017 Spring/Summer break! When many people hear about volunteering opportunities abroad, they think of younger people venturing to various corners of the globe, to complete their projects on their own. Well this does not have to be the case! We offer amazing family volunteering projects that are suitable for all ages and abilities. Use this as an incredible opportunity to bond as a family while helping to change others’ lives. Instead of simply signing up to another family holiday, make this Spring/Summer the time you organize something completely different together. Our projects aim to bridge the gap between the generations and give you something you’ll be discussing over the dinner table for many years to come! Experience a new level of teamwork as you volunteer together in the country of your choice, and in your free time, spend quality time with your family either relaxing or visiting some of the other tourist attractions in that area. We encourage all our volunteers to get to know the area they volunteer in! You have the opportunity to come to some stunning locations to work together with your family and take in the amazing scenery while you relax in your down time. Craft your own perfect family getaway while doing something you can feel proud of at the same time. Another bonus of these specific family trips is that they’re tailored to fit in with children’s school holidays so you can organize it responsibly. Volunteer from as little as one to three weeks!
- To finally get the chance to teach abroad! If you’ve ever considered teaching English abroad, now is the perfect time to start planning your own dream teaching project. This will make an impressive addition to your CV, and you’ll be able to see first hand how your work can actually help to improve the lives of the children or young adults you’ll get to teach during your 2017 Spring/Summer break. During your teaching experience, you’ll also be encouraged to explore the local area and learn more about the environment you’re working in. We take care of airport transfers, teaching training, daily meals in your accommodation and all other logistics so you can make the most of your trip. We want you to spend your time doing what you came here for! We offer teaching opportunities in Thailand, Cambodia, India, South Africa to name just a few. Whichever country has been on your bucket list; this is the perfect way to venture there for yourself.
- To make a difference and to use your time responsibly It’s so easy to get into the habit of doing the same thing every year during your Spring/Summer break. Perhaps you’ll visit a few music festivals with your friends, or attend the odd party, but getting the opportunity to spend a part of your break volunteering can be a life changing experience that you’ll never regret. If you’d love to take the chance to do something different but aren’t sure where to begin, get in touch with our team and let us guide through the options with you. If you’re an animal lover, you can work with elephants or sea turtles to complete conservation work to protect their habitats. Or, if you’d prefer to work with vulnerable women and children to discuss inequality and help teach to make a difference, we have opportunities that could suit you too. Or, if you’d like to get active and spend your summer break teaching children to play a sport, this can also be arranged! Whatever your dream, whatever your ideal plans involve, we’ll be able to guide you through and help create the perfect trip for you.
- To learn more about another culture in a new country You can sign up to complete a community development project where you will work with local organisations to help them improve the standard of education and talk about empowerment with members of the community. This is an amazing way to learn about a different way of life to your own, and take in another culture, while doing good work for the community at the same time. These programs are perfect for anyone who would like to expand their knowledge ready for a career in social work or social development, while travelling a beautiful country at the same time. You’ll work with a team of other volunteers who want the same sort of experience as you, and you’ll learn, work together as a team, and leave with valuable new friendships. There are a variety of tasks that you’ll be required to take part in, including social development work, conducting vital research and policy planning within the local community. You’ll take away many skills from this experience that will look amazing on your CV and that’ll teach you a great deal about travelling and how to handle yourself in other countries. We even help you to take care of all the minor details so you don’t have to stress at all during your trip! Airport transfers, accommodation, fun team building activities and daily meals are all pieces of the travelling puzzle that we take care of for you, so you have more time to worry about the things that matter. Like having fun and learning a lot! Working to build sustainable structures in developing countries is one of the best ways to spend your Spring/Summer, so get researching today and find something life changing.
To sum up, there are hundreds of reasons why you should choose to volunteer in your 2017 Spring/Summer break! Whether you want to see a brand new country, to meet amazing new people from all over the world, or do something good for the world in your time off, you’ll hopefully be able to find something tantalizing in our available options. We encourage you to browse through and get in touch if you have any questions at all. Just don’t forget to bring your camera whatever you do, because we have a feeling there are some things you will want to make sure you never forget! Live purposefully in your plans, and learn more than you could have imagined, in places you’d never have been able to imagine. Broaden your horizons and learn something new this year. Go on, we dare you!
Our projects need enthusiastic volunteers like yourself in order to work successfully, so find your perfect volunteering opportunity to fill your Spring/Summer break with purpose and joy!